Below, find volunteer positions listed in more detail. Each year, we are humbled by the dedication of our volunteers and we strive to provide great perks and recognition.
Festival volunteer positions include:
Exhibit Crew – Supervise outdoor and indoor exhibits to ensure the safety of artwork and patrons. Welcome visitors to exhibits and encourage conversations.
Greeter – be the first face patrons see on the Square! Greet the public, distribute festival guides, answer questions, and monitor donations.
Family Programs – Assist children and adults alike in creating their own art.
Art Market Crew – Circulate through The Works Art Market to assist vendors with their needs, such as giving breaks and fetching additional supplies.
Grounds Maintenance – Pick up litter, clean up tables, keep the festival site attractive. Keep greeter stations stocked with promotional material.
Works Patio Gate Crew – Monitor and count patrons and ensure adherence to Patio rules. Help to keep the Patio clean.
Works Patio Serving Tent – Meet AGLC requirements, ID patrons, sell and serve beer and wine.
Special Events Crew – Assist with set up and running receptions, artist talks, etc.
Photography Crew – Help The Works staff document significant and special moments of the festival.
Perks of Volunteering:
- The opportunity to display artwork during the festival
- An exclusive Works volunteer T-shirt
- Daily snacks, refreshments, and meals
- Daily prize draws
- A post-festival appreciation party
- Free admission to some ticketed festival events, such as artist talks and receptions
- Contributing to Edmonton’s vibrant cultural and festival scene, making downtown a more dynamic, exciting place to live and work
- Meeting amazing people – including Works artists, staff, and other volunteers
- Learning about local, national, and international art & design
Thank you to our volunteer supporters: